Wednesday 9 May 2012

Honey in my hair!

In one of my previous posts I did say I would blog about the goodness of honey. So here is something that I tried last evening.

I made a mixture of coconut oil (home made by my sister's mom-in-law - you can use any oil), lime juice (1 whole lime) and 2 tsps of honey. I applied it on my scalp and hair left it on for about an hour. I washed it with little shampoo and then applied some conditioner on my hair (not scalp) and left it for about 5 mins and then washed that off too. I can really tell the difference it made to my hair. It's so soft and shiny today :) I did however hear that honey makes your hair turn grey. Check out this answer -


Apparently it does not turn hair grey or white - well I'll let you know in a couple of weeks...

Have a sweet weekend =)

3 comments:

  1. they say lime juice grey's the hair...however is good for dandruff...again speaking by ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did a doctor or a medical professional advice that it is okay to put honey in your hair?
    Don't know if I would try it, quite brave of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @neesh - really? I haven't heard that. I have been applying lime juice quite regularly now because it keeps dandruff at bay =)

    @anonymous - No doctor prescribed honey - I came across it when I was searching for home made recipes for conditioner and I thought I'd try it.

    ReplyDelete