Saturday 1 February 2014

Moroccan Bath at the Gallery Salon, The Hyatt Regency, Deira (Dubai)

I recently bought a voucher online from Huckel Buckel for a "Moroccan bath with blowdry" at the Gallery Salon in Hyatt Regency Hotel, Deira. The deal cost me AED 89. It started with a hair wash after which the therapist applied conditioner and then covered my hair with a shower cap. After the hair wash you proceed to the steam room where the Moroccan bath procedure is carried out. After you have showered you can change back in to your clothes and you proceed to get you hair done. I got mine blow dried by a male therapist, however my friend had her hair ironed and she was not sure why. I was happy with the treatment as I do not know any better. It was my first Moroccan bath ordeal. My friend claimed that they should have used Moroccan herbs instead of soap (the deal says it was Moroccan soap) and a loofah. Anyway for AED 89 I thought it was worth it. The therapist was sweet and she offered me coffee/tea when I entered (not many salons/spas do that). She also came in to check on me when she left me in the steam room as I am a bit nervous of being left alone in a steam room and I feel a tiny bit claustrophobic.

I recommend this deal in spite of what my friend says. I guess the whole idea of this ritual is to be scrubbed and that is what I got.

I feel clean and ready to face the long week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for articles on Salon in Dubai and I came across yours inspiring read. Great post!

    ReplyDelete