Wednesday 20 June 2012

Assia in Wok, Dubai Mall

It seems like all my hubby and I do is eat. Well that is true because I loveee eating so here is my take on Assia in Wok at Dubai Mall.

We went on a weekday and well, it wasn't really crowded except for the regular mall-goers. So anyway, I was tempted when I saw dumplings on their menu which is why we opted for this joint. Unfortunately the dumplings were not available as their steamer was not working or something like that. Too lazy to pick another place we ordered chicken red curry, a fish dish and 2 iced teas (yes we love iced tea and are searching for the perfect one - we got lipton cans so the search is still on).
So, the chicken was just ok and I didn't like it too much. There was a very strong flavour of something like fennel seed. I couldn't make out what it was but it was just too strong.

The fish on the other hand was pretty good.

Both main courses were served with rice.
Oh and we also ordered chicken satay and I must say they give you the tiniest bits ever. Seriously guys! could have been more generous with the chicken. The peanut sauce was yumm and I ended up eating it with the rice since I didn't like the red curry.

We spent about AED 150 or so which I didn't think was worth it considering we were eating out of a food court. The sticky rice with mango looked like a good option for dessert but since I was disappointed with the taste of the red curry and the portion of the chicken satay I opted to go for no dessert and gulped down the tea instead. I would suggest trying out the dumplings which I couldn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment