Wednesday 6 June 2012

Cactus Cantina - Dubai

Located inside Rydges Plaza in Satwa, Cactus Cantina is a cozy mexican restaurant/pub.

My hubby and I went on a Friday as it was "buy one get one free on any mexican dish" night. I liked the look of the place - had a sort of old and rustic charm to it. The servers were freindly and we opted to dine in the non-smoking area. As soon as we were seated, our server brought us a bowl of nachos with salsa.

There was a different menu for the buy one get one free option and I went for enchiladas with tacos combo, and my hubby with beef burritos. Both were served with a side of mexican rice (not very tasty), chickpea salad and beans.

I must say I was disappointed with both dishes. I went with beef too and honestly the burritos, enchiladas and tacos all tasted the same to me as they all had beef mince. I also didn't like the enchilada tortilla/pastry  and I wasted half of it. I finished the tacos and my hubby also somehow gulped down his burritos.




On the other hand we ordered a non-alcoholic pina colada and an iced tea both of which were lovely.

Of course these are my views and maybe we were just unfortunate to pick the wrong dishes. As I said we have many more places to explore and I have heard Billy Blues (opp Cactus) serves amazing ribs :)

For the main course and drinks we paid approx AED 100.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, greetings from Oman.
    That Mexican bar is the place we miss here in Muscat.Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roman, yes the drinks which we ordered were very good. I think next time I'd go just for the drinks rather than the food. Cheers!

      Delete