Saturday 29 October 2011

Splash Fashionista!

Last night I attended the Splash Fashionista Event at Shangri-La. The event was by invitation only. I have a friend who works with Times of Oman and that's how I got to go. There were professional models brought in and dancers who entertained the crowd quite well. I assume the dancers were not from Oman. Drinks and snacks were on the house. Participants from the media industry also walked the ramp. I understand they had been groomed and styled by an international stylist. The event was to mark the launch of Splash Autumn and Winter Collection. Some of the outfits were quite eye-catching. As soon as I get some photos I will upload them but I imagine they will be out in the newspapers very soon. The ramp walk and entertainement got over at around 9 after which the "after party" started. The after party was just ok - a few people were dancing, the music could have been better (the sound was not very clear) and I personally think there could have been more options in food :) I had attended the one they hosted last year as well and I remember they had no after party - it was just the ramp walk followed by food (by which I mean snacks or finger food as they call it).Anyhow last night was definitely a fun night out and I imagine the media industry had a ball of a time. My friends and I left at 10.30pm.




No comments:

Post a Comment