Tuesday 27 March 2012

not blue nor yellow nor grey..it's RED lobster...

that's where I was on Saturday 24th March 2012 - on my birthday. It's basically a seafood restaurant and I found one steak option which of course we didn't try considering we were there for seafood. So here is what we tried -

Starters
Stuffed mushrooms with crabs - Dhs 30, Peach smeared scallops - Dhs 32

Main Course
Seaside shrimp trio - Dhs 75, Lobster Grill, shrimps and scallops - Dhs 99

Drinks
I ordered an iced tea with cranberry flavour - there was no cranberry in it at all and the tea was very mild in flavour. My hubby ordered a lemon mint drink which was too rich and my sister-in-law ordered a mango mocktail which tasted like cough syrup.

The food all in all was a bit bland and the only dish memorable enough was the peach scallops. The lobster was good too but all I can remember now is the taste of pepper my hubby sprinkled on it :) It came with a side of broccoli (other options being mashed potatoes, fries etc) and butter sauce (which was melted butter-yikes) The shrimp trio was too much shrimp...haha - I'm not a fan of shrimps so I didn't quite like it except the shrimp pasta.

Something that caught my attention is that our server remembered what each one of us had ordered which is recommendable as I have been to many restaurants where they don't really remember who ordered what drink.

For the 2 starters, 2 main courses and 4 drinks we paid a total of Dhs 300 which was okay considering we were all stuffed. Oh and they also asked us to complete an online survey after which we would get 50 Dhs off on the next visit. I wouldn't particularly go back to the Red Lobster unless it was for the lobsters only or the STEAK ... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment