Tuesday 17 April 2012

Hunger Games


I had no idea of what the movie was going to be like because I hadn’t read any of the reviews before going. I, infact, like doing that because you never know what you are going to expect. On the whole the movie was a bit depressing. It still kept me glued to my chair. It makes you wonder if this is what the world is going to be like in the near future.

In short a man and a woman (tributes) from 12 districts are chosen every year to compete in what is called the Hunger Games. The games are showcased live on television. The tributes are some sort of sacrifice that the districts have to make. By competing they basically have to kill each other and be the last man/woman standing. In the end the only prize the winner seems to win is that he/she is alive. So they basically compete for their lives. On one hand the districts seem to be starving and on the other the audience who watch the games are floating in and around goodies. It appeared as if the world was just divided into the rich on one hand and the starving 12 districts on another (I just confirmed on Wikipedia and well yes the nation was divided into the Capitol and 12 districts). I won’t go into the story line as you must watch it for yourself. It definitely gets you thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment