Sunday 29 April 2012

St Tropez Bistro, Dubai

My hubby took me out on a romantic dinner a few days ago. St Tropez Bistro (+971 (0)42869029) is a small French restaurant/bistro at Century Village - Garhoud. I simply loved the ambience. At first I thought we would sit inside but the host said there was going to be live music so we were better off seated outside which infact was a better idea. It felt like a fairy tale as there are trees all lit up around you.


Here is what we orderd along with their respective prices in AED -

Starters

Frog Legs - 46 (It was our first time with frog legs and they tasted pretty much like chicken with lesser meat. It was cooked in a batter with lime or something which was not too overpowering and had just the right amount of tanginess.)


Main Course

Rib-Eye Steak - 99 (My hubby just loved this - it was almost 300 gms i think and he ate IT ALL.)
Duck Leg - 75 (I liked this but duck meat is a bit tough for my taste even though it was cooked very well. I had ordered it with a side of spinach and I felt the spinach had too much butter in it which was too rich for me.)


Dessert

Chocolate Fondant - 40 (Anything with chocolate is usually always amazing :) )
Lemon Sorbet - 33 (My hubby ordered this and it was very very sour and too lemony.)

Drinks

2 iced teas - 34


Our total damage was AED 359.70 including 10% M fees (I don't know what "M" stands for). On the whole I thought the food was ok but a bit pricey. I would recommend it for a nice little place to have dinner with friends/family and enjoy some nice live music. The servers are extremely friendly so I would give it plus points for that too.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment