Wednesday 5 December 2012

Finally some news on Bangkok...

I know I know I promised to write about my trip to Bangkok. Things have just been in full swing ever since my hubby and I returned from our holiday.

Instead of writing a day to day summary of what we did in Bangkok (which wasn't much apart from eating and getting massaged... :)... ), I thought I'd write a brief on the restaurants and spas around ploenchit road/chidlom where we were put up for 8 glorious days.
 
We stayed at the Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel located right next to the Chidlom skytrain stop. The room was spacious with an attached bath which was all glass! I later figured out how to draw the blinds.
 
Breakfast was a complimentary buffet which had dishes like fried rice and pork! This was definitely unusual for us but a nice change and my hubby couldn't resist the dim sums and Thai pancakes. They had the usual fare too which included American and Indian breakfast dishes.
 
The hotel seemed to be a full-house. Considering we went in the middle of October I guess they get a lot of tourists as the rainy season comes slowly to an end.
 
But a lot of the guests seemed to be there on business trips more than leisure so I guess either way it does pretty well. The hotel also has a swimming pool and gym neither of which we used (yup we are very lazy!).
 
So that's the hotel. Stay tuned for the Floating Market and Tiger Temple reviews!!

No comments:

Post a Comment