Wednesday 8 February 2012

Jobs oh jobs...give me one please!

So I'm back to that phase where I have to hunt for a job.

It can be confusing - the ones you want don't call and the ones you don't, call quite promptly. The only thing worse than hunting is sitting for an interview. Some interviewers can be really creepy. Some of them don't want to pay and some ask you questions which make you wonder if you are applying for Nasa or the likes. They are also highly interested in your marital status. Then comes the trick question about salary. Sometimes I wonder if I should quote a really high figure and other times I want to just get away with a modest figure so I hope I land the job. Jobs in the gulf are also all about multi-tasking. You are never doing just one thing. It's always marketing added to administration or reception duty added to secretarial. The other day I got a call for an interview where I gathered up some courage and said that I wouldn't do the interview unless I was getting paid xx. Later on I wondered if I had made the wrong decision, but then I feel I deserve xx and I'm not going to settle for less!

Good luck to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment