Tuesday 22 November 2011

Acne trouble?

Yes me! I'm not 16 anymore but it just keeps coming and coming. I recently went to a very well renowned skin clinic in Muscat and the doctor prescribed me Doxycycline. What she didn't mention were some side effects and precautions - (I am quoting what I just read on a review I saw on http://www.acne.org/prescription.php). The pamphlet reads something similar about nausea etc...

"Do NOT take it with anything dairy. If it makes you sick when you take it on an empty stomach, eat with it [remember, nothing with any dairy]. Make sure to drink A LOT of water. And also DON'T lie down for 30 minutes after you take it. Wait 2 hours after taking doxy before you take any antacids, vitamins, or calcium products"
  
I took the meds after food and I would feel like throwing up so I tried before food and I would still feel the same. My head would feel like it had been banged somewhere 10 times. I took the tablets for 2 days and could not take it anymore. I didn't go back to that clinic. 

I am now going elsewhere and I specifically told my current doc that I do not want Doxycycline or anything that ends with cline. I am on Zocin Azithromycin which I also googled but could not find anything too dangerous :) - no nausea so far...

I pray this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment