Wednesday 2 November 2011

Amma's Steak House - Muscat

I recently ate at the Amma's Steak House in Madinat Qaboos (MQ). It is situated next to Costa Coffee and HSBC and opposite to Bamboo Spa. I thought I must mention how lovely their service is. When you enter, the staff greets you with a big smile, when you're in the midst of your meal they make it a point to ask you how it's going and if you are enjoying the food - so much so that we had 2 guys asking us how it went (each thinking that the other had not asked us already). The second girl was so sweet and nervous that she couldn't quite complete her sentences but I understood that she was trying to ask us if we were enjoying our meal (my guess is she is new there). After we finished, she asked us to write our comments on a notepad and well of course I mentioned their outstanding service. 

The food is also quite reasonable. We spent a total of RO 16.4. We ordered 2 mains, 1 starter and 1 drink. We were 3 of us but we only ordered 2 mains because personally I cannot finish a whole steak by myself. We decided to order less because we always end up wasting food, which is not a good thing.

After our meal we decided to go to Starbucks, which is next to Pavo Real (just a minute walk from the Steak House). I ordered the white chocolate milkshake - which was good; just that I don't like a lot of ice.

Right now I am in office (yes I am free because no one is in the mood to work considering the up coming long Eid Holidays and the amazing weather outside).

The weather calls for some hot "vada pavs" and "chai" - there is a small shop in Ruwi. It is at the Petrol station (can't remember if it was shell or oman oil, but you cannot miss it as it's on the main highway - if you are going towards wadi kabir it will fall on your right, so just look out for a petrol station on your right).

I will be leaving for Dubai tomorrow night to meet my fiance and will be back after a week.

Eid Mubarak everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment